Monday, September 7, 2009

You're having Twins?!?!

We were in Fayetteville at the begining of August staying wih Erin's dad. I was finishing up driver ed. training, and Erin was sick as could be. We joked it could be twins since she was so sick. They run in her dad's family, but it is actually a maternal trait. At any rate, when we went to the doctor, it was insane. We saw what we thought was "the baby," but when Erin asked the doctor if that was it, she replied, "that's the bottom one!"

Erin laughed and I buried my head and said OMG!!! We never thought this was actually going to be the situation, but it was really happening. We were both excited, but it makes us nervous.

We left the doctor and couldn't wait to tell everyone.

Reactions-

We had to be creative telling everyone so we told them "the heartbeats were healthy." We let everyone figure it out from there.

Dana- "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?" She even had to put the phone down and yell for a minute.
Travis- Two Youngins?

Becky- I confused mom a bit. She said wait, Erin and the baby's heartbeat? I said , nope 2 babies. NO, you're kidding? (we weren't)

Bob- No? (x3) then he believed me.

Kate/Liz- after OMG and seriously? they stopped and Kate said "Somebody stop right now and tell me you're serious."

Joey- HA HA I knew it!!
Corinne- All I could hear was loud OMG on Erin's phone.
Katie- I'll still babysit.

Aunt B bought the baby a Reds t-shirt. I called and told her I needed another.
Aunt Beth- NAH (yep) NAH (yep) You're kidding? (Nope)

Aunt Kelly- she knows what she said... HOLY...

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Andy's first post... I've followed a bit of Dr. Dan's posts against healthcare reform and must say, the personal nature of your blog is more fun to read! Although he does quote important people and spell words correctly.

    Make sure to edit this (I see some PG verbiage in the swine flu post) and save it for your twins. They'll enjoy reading it and seeing the angst they caused, although this may pale in comparison to their teenage exploits.

    Erin, the Raleigh Nennis are wishing you the best and hope you feel up to par again soon. We have neighbors with six year old twins ready to give advice whenever you are up to it. As for names, Emma Claire suggests a strong Southern two name combination.

    ReplyDelete