Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Telling folks

I was in shock. I couldn't believe we were having two boys. I just couldn't even get my head around the idea. So much so, Erin had to tell my Dad about the news. I had it in my head, as did Erin, that we would have 1 of each. But I gotta tell ya, now that we know it's 2 boys we are stoked. I seriously can't wait until March. Erin said she will have an easier time letting boys know what a pain they were for 9 months than a little girl.

We were most worried about telling Liz. She couldn't wait to buy girly clothes and plan weekends with "Cool Aunt Liz", so I was a little worried to call. However, Liz was pretty amazing. She said "Oh that'll be good, they can play on the same teams, and you won't have to drive them all over. They can even share toys." My practical little Sis. Thanks Liz- Kate was very similar in her response, but Kate loves all the kiddies.

Joey of course was overjoyed. I can see him shopping for some snoopy fishing rods already. My grampy used to take me out on his farm to fish and shoot at stuff and do all kinds of stuff a city boy never got to do. I think raising boys in JoCo means I'm gonna have to get a few "...for dummys" books.

Dana, is now worried. I have been telling her all along that if we have a boy, I'm going to name him Voltron. It's a good name, but now that we have two I'm thinking Voltron and Optimus Prime. Dana- I'm only kidding, I swear. I don't think she was really worried, but I laid it on pretty thick.

I heard a good story about my mom. I won't get dad in trouble, but if any of you can remeber to ask me to tell you the story, I will. It's not long, but funny.

2 comments:

  1. Uncle Trout Bum will have to save up for double fly fishing gear, Christmas 2015! Maybe I can get a 3 for 1 sale at Orvis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was a little bummed that I won't get to play dress up with the twins...but not to worry, we can definitely prep them up in some polo clothes, etc!!! They are going to be the most adorable boys. I can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete