Initially,Erin had said no to a minivan. Too soccer momish, too big, just too minivanny. I was fine with that, but we knew that the little Jetta just wasn't going to cut it. With 2 babies and the accompaniments of 2 babies the Jetta just isn't big enough. We discussed a Tahoe or a Suburban since they are big, but can you imagine Erin lifting babies up into one of those? Yea, me neither. So we looked at smaller SUV type crossovers and they weren't any bigger than the Pathfinder. So we began to contemplate the idea of a minivan. "We can't have a minivan, can we?" We talked to Papa Joey and he was going to help us out. We decided on the Honda Odyssey and were hoping to find one we could afford. They ARE NOT cheap. We've been looking around and for now nothing much has come up. We figured we would need the DVD and the beeping doors that move on their own. So the hunt was on. (That's for Joey) OCTOBER BABY!!
On a random weekend my dad mentioned that his company was selling a minivan. I figured it would be a mess. Well, it was low miles, 2006 Chrysler. We're gonna go check it out tomorrow to see if it'll get the job done. We're doing dinner at Chilis in Goldsboro around 6:30. It is a GREAT price so I hope it works out. It is going to be, well I don't want to say where it'll be for sale until we decide if we want it or not. It is a good story for later though.
I guess we might just be minivan people after all. I can't say I'm surprised, I grew up in the furthest rear passenger side of a minivan. The red one, the blue one, the grey one, and even the white one. I listened to thousands of hours on my walkman, slept, and even got tortured with countless hours of Full House...How Rude! I think they're pretty sweet. So I'll tell you now, those bad boys can haul couches, refrigerators, and just about anything you can manage to put in it. Remember that, before you decide to make any disparaging remarks about the ride! (You know who you are, but I guess you all have a pick-up...if it rains don't come CRYIN to me!!!!)
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Come on now Louie....you know the Full House episodes you were "tortured" with were no near the torment you gave Kate and I on the many road trips!!
ReplyDeleteWell, I guess now you can put Dad's famous line into use, "Don't make me pull this van over!"
Come on over to the dark side! Say Yes! to the DVD players! I don't know how we lived without them! Those are the only things that have kept our children (and, by default, us) harmonious on long road trips. The beeping doors were a lifesaver when one arm had a baby bag and a purse and the other was schlepping a carrier complete with a 15-lb. baby -- thank goodness for those keyfob buttons!
ReplyDeleteAnd if no one has told you yet, man, babies come with a LOT o' stuff! Go on and get the van... you'll be glad you did!