Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Rollercoaster Ride

Those of you who voted for a January due date may be correct. I was admitted to the hospital early Monday morning in preterm labor. Because Johnston Memorial does not have a NICU, I had to be transferred to Wake Med. I have been in and out of Labor and Delivery since Monday with contractions as close a 2-3 minutes apart. The doctors are very optimistic though. They have been doing everything they can to stop the labor including many different kinds of medicines. Today has been the best day by far with very few contractions. I have dialated 4 cm which means I am through the first stage of labor. 1 more cm and I will be in active labor which is more difficult to stop. The boys are almost 4 lbs a peice and have been given steriods to develop their lungs quicker since they will be here earlier than expected. They doctors plan to keep me here until I deliver which could be a matter of days or weeks just depending on how things progress. They really want to see me get to 32 weeks and I am at 30 now. It's very scary, but the specialists are confident that Jackson and Brady will be okay. They will spend some time in the NICU, but their survival rate is really high. Thank you to everyone who has kept us in your thoughts and prayers and to everyone who has been taking care of me these past few days in the hospital. Please keep praying for our babies. We will try to keep everyone updated.

3 comments:

  1. Erin, Louie, Jackson and Brady -

    I just want you all to know that I am thinking about y'all constantly! I can't wait to meet the two little ones; I know they are going to be absolutely darling! They seem like they are two tough cookies...already seeing which buttons they can push with the two of y'all. Hang in there and good luck with everything!!! I am so excited for all of you!

    Jackson and Brady...if you're listening to your Dad read this to your Mom, then stop being such little boogers and give them a second to rest...you're wearing them out! You are two lucky little boys to be blessed with such incredible parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles!

    Again, good luck with everything and I'll talk to y'all soon :-)

    Lots of love,
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Erin, Louie, Jackson and Brady - I just wanted to tell you that you are all definitely in our prayers. Erin- you are such a trouper. Keep smiling and stay strong! ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm prayin' like crazy for all of you.

    Erin you are a trouper. I can't believe you took the time to post to the blog. Thank you soooooo much for the update. It's good to hear directly from you even though the Nenni clan has been very good about keeping me informed.

    To the rest of the blog watchers, I've been watching the vote and 3 of you voted after Erin went to the hospital. No fair!!!!

    Much, much love,
    Aunt B

    ReplyDelete