Thursday, January 14, 2010

Leaving the Hospital and more!!!

I was discharged from the hospital on Thursday. Another bitter sweet moment. It was nice to be outside for the first time in nearly two weeks, but leaving the boys there was really tough. We were able to spend several hours with them before we left, and we can call any time to check in with their nurse, which we have done several times already. Louie is staying on top of that.











They were really adorable yesterday. Brady spent some time doing phototherapy, which is what Jackson did the day before yesterday by being under the light. Both of their bilirubin levels are down for now, which means they don't have to do phototherapy any more unless they go up again. While Brady was under the light he was sucking on his pacifier, and he was actually holding it in his mouth. Adorable!
Both of them are off of their IVs and only getting milk through the feeding tube. That is a huge step in the right direction. Becky came to town yesterday to take care of us for a while. Cooking, cleaning, and driving me around. We had a nice visit with Jackson and Brady today. Grammy Becky got to hold the babies for the first time, and she loved every second of it! Mom and Travis were the first grandparents to hold the babies...Mom cried and so did Travis (he might kill me if he knew I posted that on the blog so shhhhhh!) Then, Papa Joey and GG got to hold them a couple of days after Mom and Travis. Dad was afraid to even breath. Bob got to hold them tonight for the first time. Everyone is just so proud of their grandchildren and us!

















Our visit tonight was good. I got to really mother them. They are allowed to wear clothes now, so I got to change their clothes and Louie got to change their diapers. I got to get them out and put them back in their incubators on my own, and I helped everyone get adjusted holding them. I have learned how to unhook their feeding tubes and swaddle them up for warmth when they are out. Brady smiled a time or two tonight and Jackson managed to work his feeding tube out while he was being fed which made him spit up on Bob. They were really cute tonight! They didn't lose or gain any weight today, which means that they might be making a turn towards gaining. Once they start putting on some fat, they should be able to start keeping up their temps! I can't wait to bring them home!!!










These are pictures of their little warm homes they have spent the first week of their lives in. You can see they have a lot of equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment