Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fun Weekend with the Nursery!

We had so much fun this weekend starting on the nursery. The weekend started with Travis and Mom coming over to put the final coat of paint on the walls on Friday night. I bought letters to spell the babies' names on the wall, and Mom helped me decide which colors to paint which letters. We had a great dinner afterward; Louie cooked his famous chili recipe...yummmmmy! Then on Saturday, Bob and Becky came to make and hang the curtains. During the day, I finished painting the letters. Bob and Louie spent Saturday evening watching football and putting up the curtain rod during commercials. That night we went out to eat with Mom, Travis, Bob, Becky, Liz, Troy, Andy, Amy, and Kate, which was a lot of fun. On Sunday, we had a big brunch at our house for Bob, Becky, and Kate...cheese eggs, sausage, waffles, potatoes, muffins, and several other breakfast items made to order. Afterwards, Becky sewed the curtains while I assisted, Bob and Louie watched football, and Kate shopped on the computer and rearranged the letters in the boys' names (see pic). After everyone headed home, Travis helped us go get the glider rocker that Mom bought for the nursery. I am super excited about it, because it is not a traditional glider. It is very sleek and modern looking, so we will be able to use it after the babies are done with their rocking days. Check out the pictures; they are evidence of everyone's hard work on the nursery this weekend. We really appreciate all of the help, and we had a lot of fun visiting with everyone! Thanks for being such great grandparents already! The pictures are what we have so far of the nursery. Now all we need are cribs and a dresser and babies of course! Click on any pictures in the blog to make them bigger.

1 comment:

  1. Erin,

    Everything is really looking great!!! I am sorry I was of no help!! Hopefully I can make up for it! Also, I love the new background colors of the blog. Louie did a great job setting it up, but you can tell it has a woman's touch now!

    ReplyDelete