Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christmas Decorating


Saturday night we brought in the professionals (Mom and Renee) to help us decorate for Christmas. Renee and Mom helped Louie get everything down from the attic, and we managed to put up the tree, the nativity, the wreaths, the garland, and all of our other decorations! I didn't do a whole lot other than unwrap the ornaments and arrange a centerpeice for our kitchen table. Oh yeah, I also figured out where each plug on the prelit tree plugged in. That can be a difficult task, but it worked out for us. My Christmas tree has always been very special to me. Ever since I was born, my grandma has bought me angel ornaments every year, sometimes several a year. She has brought back angels from places she has visited and she buys any unique angels she finds. I have angels from Nova Scotia, Italy, and Hawaii, and I have angels made out of things like sea shells, corn cobs, lace, acorns, tin, and various flowers. Even when the color scheme changes (this year it is teal and bright green), I always put my angels up. If you click on the picture, you can see some of the ones I've mentioned. We'll have to figure out a tradition to start for the boys before next Christmas. We decided not to put up our second tree (the skinny one that goes in the kitchen), so Renee borrowed it. She had been looking for a 7ft skinny tree all day long and wasn't able to find one she wanted, so this worked out perfectly. Thanks for helping us decorate. We wouldn't be able to get it done without you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment