Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Exciting and not-so-exciting news...

So my feet have officially begun to swell. And not just my feet, my ankles and calfs as well! I have been having an awfully hard time getting to sleep at night, because my legs didn't feel right. I couldn't figure out why. I kept getting the tickley feeling you get when a body part falls asleep and you are first trying to wake it up. Well, yesterday I got that feeling while I was sitting on the couch watching television. I finally pulled off my socks to see if something was wrong, and sure enough, my toes looked like sausages! Louie set me up in the recliner with pillows under my feet, and within minutes, I could see the space between my toes again. I did the same thing when I went to bed and got my first good night's sleep in a week. At my last regular doctor's appointment, the doctor told me that at 24 weeks (I'm at 21 now) I would have to be off my feet all day. He said go to work, sit in a chair, and don't get up until it's time to leave. All the teachers in the family know how difficult that is going to be! I'll make it work though!

Other news that is much more exciting...most of you know that the boys have been moving like crazy the past several weeks. Sometimes they feel like they are doing summersalts and other times they feel like they are trying to kick their way out. You can feel and sometimes even see it on the outside of my tummy. At this point, it is very obvious which one is moving. Baby B makes very sharp, hard movements like kicks over and over again in the same spot, and Baby A just flips around all the time; every now and then he will get a good jab in. Because they are so active now, we have decided that it is time to stop calling them A and B, so we have decided on names! Baby A will be born first, and his name will be Jackson Robert. Baby B will be little brother by not too much time hopefully, and his name will be Brady McLean. For those of you wondering, first names are names that Louie and I could both agree on liking and middle names are family names from each of our families. So now when I talk to them, I can call them by name...Jackson and Brady!

Other not so exciting news...We will be having a Level II Ultrasound done tomorrow in Raleigh. Being referred for the Level II Ultrasound is for any high-risk pregnancy, and all multiples are considered high-risk even when there is nothing wrong. The difference between this ultrasound and the others we have had is that the picture will be much clearer and details will be easier to see. The doctor will check all of the babies' organs (including heart, kidneys, bladder, stomach, and brain) for any abnormalities. Hopefully, we will be able to post those pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment